POCKET CARD strives to contribute to the ability of our customers to enrich and add more comfort to their lives as we provide various financial services centering on credit cards under our management philosophy: "Our top priority is our customers." At the same time, we are keenly aware that it is our social responsibility to keep safe and handle properly the personal information we receive from customers in the course of the provision of products and services. POCKET CARD makes every possible effort to protect personal information and strives for continuous improvement in accordance with the following basic policy.
- We comply with laws and ordinances and other regulations concerning the handling of the personal information we hold.
- The personal information that we handle consists of the following:
- Information entered in a credit card application, other contract forms, etc.;
- Information generated from transactions with us, such as card use;
- Information obtained from the personal credit information agency;
- Information entered or provided in the course of our financial instruments intermediary service;
- Information provided or reported to us in the form of a notification of change or otherwise;
- Information etc. we obtained through phone calls, e-mails, members' exclusive pages on our website etc. and information on the validity of the phone number (whether it is in use) provided to us; and
- Other information publicly available (official gazette, telephone directory, etc.).
- We use information obtained only within the scope of the following purposes and never use personal information in excess of the extent necessary to achieve the specified purpose of use and we take necessary measures accordingly.
In specifying the purpose of use, we strive to clarify it for our customers by taking measures to limit the purpose of use according to the attributes or choices they make considering our business content, for example. In acquiring information, we also endeavor to specify the source of personal information or the method of obtaining such information (type of acquisition, etc.) to the extent possible.
- Use in the credit card business for service introduction to customers such as provision of information about card functions, provision of privileges and services, and sending of advertising materials and printed matter, etc., as well as market research and product development.
- Use in the insurance agency business for service introduction to customers such as sending advertising materials and printed matter, etc., as well as related after-sales service, market research, and product development.
- Use in the financial instruments intermediary business for service introduction to customers such as sending advertising materials and printed matter, etc., as well as related after-sales service, market research, and product development.
- Use for sending the business guide, advertising materials, printed matter, etc. of tie-up companies that executed an agreement with us concerning the provision of personal information.
- Use for marketing activities including sending questionnaires by tie-up companies that executed an agreement with us concerning the provision of personal information.
- Any personal information we received will never be provided to any third party except for in the following cases:
- The customer consents to the provision; or
- The provision is justified by the obligation of disclosure required by law, ordinance, or otherwise.
- We develop rules for personal information protection and continuously strengthen our internal system in order to prevent and correct unauthorized access, loss, destruction, alteration, leakage, etc. of personal information. We also strive to ensure employee education concerning information management.
- We strive to keep customers' personal information up-to-date and accurate. We appropriately respond to requests, complaints, or inquiries that we may receive regarding the disclosure, correction, deletion, suspension of use/provision, etc. of the information registered with us.
- We conduct audits regularly on the handling of personal information and strive to implement, observe, and continually improve this Policy.
Date of establishment: July 1, 2004
Last revision: July 13, 2011
POCKET CARD CO., LTD.
Keiichi Watanabe, President
POCKET CARD has obtained Privacy Mark certification, which is granted by the Japan Information Processing Development Center to business operators who handle personal information properly.